April 12, 2021 at 12:44 pm #6782jaekkimParticipant
The IBS Biomedical Mathematics Group (BIMAG) invites applications for several research fellowship positions.
BIMAG (https://bimag.ibs.re.kr) is a research group in the Pioneer Research Center for Mathematical and Computational Sciences at the Institute for Basic Science (IBS), which is located in Daejeon, South Korea, a city of 1.5 million people. BIMAG is the place where researchers from various backgrounds including mathematics, physics, biology and medicine can research together to develop mathematical theories and tools and apply them to solve various biological and medical problems.
BIMAG consists of three teams.
1. Intracellular dynamics team aims for the development of reduction methods for multi-scale systems and its application to enzyme kinetics, cancer Immunotherapy and biological oscillators.
2. Intercellular dynamics team aims for the development of inference methods for dynamic cellular networks and its application to biological oscillatory networks.
3. Systemic dynamics team aims for the development of digital medicine for sleep disorders based on health wearable devices.
In BIMAG, researchers can investigate mathematical theories, collaborate with various experimental groups, invite international visitors and organize regular international workshops.
The Senior Researcher positions are available for individuals who have research experience for 5 years or more after their Ph. D. The appointment is initially for two years and can be extended for three more years after reviews of the research performance.
The Postdoctoral Research Associate positions are available for individuals who are within the first five years after obtaining their Ph.D. The appointment is initially for two years and can be extended for one more year after reviews of the research performance.
All positions do not have any teaching duties. The starting salary of both positions is no less than KRW 50,000,000. Researchers can apply IBS dormitory (https://www.ibs.re.kr/eng/sub01_15.do). The expected appointment date is June 16, 2021, but it can be adjusted. Successful candidates should have experience in mathematical modeling or data analysis of biological systems.
A complete application packet should include:
1. Curriculum vitae including a list of publications and preprints (PDF format)
2. Research statement (PDF format)
3. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information (PDF file)
4. At least 3 recommendation letters
For full consideration, applicants should email items 1, 2 and 3 and arrange their recommendation letters emailed to email@example.com by May 14 (Friday), 2021.
BIMAG encourages applications from individuals of diverse backgrounds.
Support Systems for International Researchers
Roughly one-third of all researchers at IBS are from overseas. These international researchers have three support options to adapt to life in Korea. First, IBS supplies a 24/7 service called the Global Help Desk which offers personalized help via email and phone and provides newsletters. Second, IBS created its own support website called Living in Korea with hundreds of pages of contents and hundreds of more pictures. Third, every Center has several admin staff who help with a number of work and non-work situations. For more information on these support options, please see the related page on Living in Korea at https://centers.ibs.re.kr/html/living_en/overview/support.html
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.