February 24, 2021 at 11:51 am #6500
The IBS Biomedical Mathematics Group (BIMAG) in Daejeon, Korea invites applications for several research fellowship positions.
BIMAG(https://www.ibs.re.kr/bimag) is a new research group that starts on March 1, 2021 at the Institute for Basic Science (IBS) (https://www.ibs.re.kr/eng/sub02_02.do), which is located in Daejeon, South Korea, a city of 1.5 million people. The Chief Investigator of BIMAG is Jae Kyoung Kim (http://mathsci.kaist.ac.kr/~jaekkim), and BIMAG consists of three teams.
1. Intracellular dynamics team aims for the development of reduction methods for multi-scale systems and its application to enzyme kinetics, cancer Immunotherapy and biological oscillators.
2. Intercellular dynamics team aims for the development of inference methods for dynamic cellular networks and its application to biological oscillatory networks.
3. Systemic dynamics team aims for the development of digital medicine for sleep disorders based on health wearable devices.
In BIMAG, researchers can investigate mathematical theories, collaborate with various experimental groups, invite international visitors and organize regular international workshops.
The postdoctoral research positions are available for individuals who are within the first five years after obtaining their Ph.D at the date of appointment or be expected to obtain a Ph.D within three months from the date of appointment. The appointment is one time renewable up to 3 years in total contingent upon the outstanding performance of the researcher.
The senior research positions are available for individuals who have research experience for 5 years or more after their Ph. D. The appointment is initially for three years and can be extended for two more years after reviews of the research performance.
All positions do not have any teaching duties. The starting salary of both positions is no less than KRW55,000,000. Researchers can apply IBS dormitory (https://www.ibs.re.kr/eng/sub01_15.do). The expected appointment date is May 1, 2021, but it can be adjusted. Successful candidates should have experience in mathematical modeling or data analysis of biological systems.
A complete application packet should include:
1. Curriculum vitae including a list of publications and preprints (PDF format)
2. Research statement (PDF format)
3. Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information (PDF file)
4. At least 3 recommendation letters
For full consideration, applicants should email items 1, 2 and 3 and arrange their recommendation letters emailed to email@example.com by March 22, 2021.
BIMAG encourages applications from individuals of diverse backgrounds.
Support Systems for International Researchers
Roughly one-third of all researchers at IBS are from overseas. These international researchers have three support options to adapt to life in Korea. First, IBS supplies a 24/7 service called the Global Help Desk which offers personalized help via email and phone and provides newsletters. Second, IBS created its own support website called Living in Korea with hundreds of pages of contents and hundreds more pictures. Third, every Center has several admin staff who help with a number of work and non-work situations. For more information on these support options, please see the related page on Living in Korea at https://centers.ibs.re.kr/html/living_en/overview/support.htmlFebruary 25, 2021 at 4:56 am #6504
Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information (PDF file) is attached.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.February 28, 2021 at 4:35 pm #6509
Here is the video introducing IBS.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.