- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 1 month ago by Anonymous.
May 12, 2021 at 1:36 am #6814AnonymousInactive
Location: Oak Ridge, TN, US, 37830
Company: Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Purpose: The Biosciences Division of Oak Ridge National Laboratory invites qualified persons to apply for the position of Postdoctoral Research Associate in the area of computational systems physiology and molecular design.
Major Duties/Responsibilities: The position requires collaboration within a multi-disciplinary research environment consisting of experimental biologists, computer scientists, engineers, and mathematicians for a project encompassing multiscale modeling, high performance computing, machine learning, and artificial intelligence in support of molecular design. The skill set of a qualified applicant will be utilized to develop mechanistic systems models for integration with the Accelerating Therapeutics for Opportunities in Medicine (ATOM) platform for drug discovery and in support of the Laboratory’s missions.
Basic Requirements: Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Computational Biology, or related field relevant to the job duties of this position. Demonstrated written and oral communication skills. Effective interpersonal skills.
Preferred Requirements: One or more of the following:
- Familiarity with mechanistic biological pathway models and/or PBPK modeling
- Experience with computational modeling that includes working with varied experimental datasets.
- Experience with simulation-based inference, parameter estimation, and uncertainty quantification.
- Participation in model development for cell and molecular physiology
- Participation in model-driven experimental design
- Working knowledge of machine learning and generative AI methods
- Dissemination of research through peer-reviewed papers and technical reports, as well as seminar and conference presentations.
- Active participation in professional organizations and career development action.
Applicants cannot have received the most recent degree more than five years prior to the date of application and must complete all degree requirements before starting their appointment.
Appointments will initially be for 24 months with a possibility of an extension of up to 12 months. Initial appointments and extensions are subject to performance and availability of funding.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.