About SMB › Forums › Open Positions › Postdoc position Tumor immune radiotherapy modeling, Tampa, Florida
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 8 months ago by henderling.
September 23, 2021 at 11:55 am #7088henderlingParticipant
One fully funded post-doctoral position is available to study the response of the complex tumor-immune ecosystem to radiotherapy. The EnderlingLab (http://lab.moffitt.org/enderling) develops clinically motivated and experimentally calibrated quantitative models that are informable with patient-specific data for personalized treatment recommendations. In close collaboration with experimentalists and clinicians, mathematical models that are parameterized with experimental and clinical data can help estimate patient-specific disease dynamics and treatment success. This positions us at the forefront of the advent of ‘virtual trials’ that predict personalized optimized treatment protocols. We have developed rigorous standards for predictive mathematical modeling, and developed frameworks of how to integrate mathematical modeling into clinical practice.
• Projects include assessment of tumor-immune interactions and perturbation by radiotherapy with different doses and dose fractionations in multiple cancer types, including head and neck, breast, and prostate.
• Opportunities exist to be work closely with experimentalists and clinicians to calibrate and validate mathematical models with cancer data.
• Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
• Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs
• You will be encouraged and supported to apply for training grants.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Must be familiar with mathematical biology (<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>ODE, Agent-based modeling</span>) and computer programming.
• Has <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>C++ and Matlab</span> proficiency.
• Highly motivated and independent.
• Willing to learn new techniques/protocols.
• Have good communication/written skills.
• Willing to write fellowship applications/manuscripts.
• Should be able to work in an interdisciplinary team environment.
• Develop and execute research ideas.
• Assist in grant/manuscript writing.
• Training of other personnel.
• Accurate record keeping.
• Present research in informal meetings and at local/national/international conferences.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• MD or PhD required.
• Should have at least one first Author research publication in a related subject.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.