April 18, 2021 at 3:19 pm #6785KasiaParticipant
Postdoctoral Fellow – Mathematical Immuno-Oncology (Moffitt)
A post-doctoral fellowship is available in the computational laboratory of Dr. Kasia Rejniak on a new exciting project funded by the NIH/NCI grant: “Mathematical Model-Guided Adoptive Immunotherapy in Bladder Cancer”.
Rejniak Lab is a part of the Integrated Mathematical Oncology Department at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute. More information about our lab and research can be found at: http://labpages.moffitt.org/rejniakk/. This position can be filled immediately by a talented scientist with strong expertise in mathematical modeling and computational programming.
- Development of novel predictive mathematical models of a cutting edge new anti-cancer treatment: an adoptive T cell therapy.
- Working in close collaboration with cancer immunologists and clinicians.
- Vibrant, multi-disciplinary, and diverse research and education environment.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong background in mathematical and computational methods for modeling biological systems (ODEs, PDEs, and/or ABMs).
- Knowledge of modeling in immunotherapy or immunology is preferred.
- Knowledge of optimization techniques is a plus.
- High motivation, enthusiasm for working in an interdisciplinary team.
- Design and implement computational models, plan, conduct and document simulation results independently; analyze and visualize model results.
- Collaborate with researchers from wet labs to integrate laboratory data with in silico models, and to generate experimentally testable hypotheses.
- Develop scientific writing and presentation skills; write research reports and scientific publications.
- Present research results to the Moffitt scientific community and at national scientific meetings.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- PhD and background in applied mathematics, engineering, physics, or a related computational discipline.
- Excellent programming skills.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes (1) a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, (2) a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, (3) current CV with recent publications and/or presentations, and (4) contact information for three references to Dr. Rejniak at Kasia.Rejniak@moffitt.org and apply online at https://moffitt-cancer-center-careers.hctsportals.com/jobs/848520-postdoctoral-fellow-mathematical-immuno-oncology.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. Moffitt seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.