The group of Systems Medicine (http://systemsmedicine.de) at the University of Idaho invites applications for a full-time Ph.D. position in Computational biology. The successful candidate will receive a scholarship for 3 years.
· Develop mathematical models describing diseases using deterministic models, stochastic models, and compartmental models.
· Analyze biological data sets from collaborators with Machine Learning and statistics.
· Develop new control and computational algorithms.
· Publish research findings in scientific journals and present them at major scientific meetings.
· A MSc degree in a quantitatively oriented field, such as mathematics, engineering, computer science, or applied mathematics.
· Excellent command of English.
· Knowledge of analytical and quantitative methods.
· Experience in MATLAB, Python, or/and R, as well as in LaTex.
· Knowledge of immunology is a plus.
Please send questions or your application with a motivation letter, outlining your interest in a Ph.D. position, along with your curriculum vitae which should include the names and contact details of three referees, to
Positions are open until filled. The planned start date is in January 2023 but can be negotiated.