The group of Systems Medicine (http://systemsmedicine.de) at the University of Idaho invites applications for a full-time Ph.D. position in Computational biology. The successful candidate will receive a scholarship for 3 years.
· Develop mathematical models describing diseases using deterministic models, stochastic models, and compartmental models.
· Analyze biological data sets from collaborators with Machine Learning and statistics.
· Develop new control and computational algorithms.
· Publish research findings in scientific journals and present them at major scientific meetings.
· A MSc degree in a quantitatively oriented field, such as mathematics, engineering, computer science, or applied mathematics.
· Excellent command of English.
· Knowledge of analytical and quantitative methods.
· Experience in MATLAB, Python, or/and R, as well as in LaTex.
· Knowledge of immunology is a plus.
Please send questions or your application with a motivation letter, outlining your interest in a Ph.D. position, along with your curriculum vitae which should include the names and contact details of three referees, to