SMB membership benefits
- 1st year Society membership FREE for students nominated by a Society member
- online subscription to the Bulletin of Mathematical Biology
- reduced rates of subscription to other popular journals
- 30% discount on Springer books
- Society newsletter
- discount on the Annual Meeting registration fee
- Society members are eligible for travel support to Society Annual Meeting or other professional meetings
- Society members are eligible for funds to support meetings they organize in the field of mathematical biology
SMB membership fees
|Full member joint with ESMTB or JSMB:||$40|
|Eastern European & Developing country member:||$35|
|Student member:||1st year free*|
|Renewing student member:||$25|
|Renewing student member joint with ESMTB or JSMB:||$20|
|Printed hardcopy of BMB mailed to you, additional cost:||$25|
*if nominated by an SMB member in good standing
Voluntary contributions to:
- World outreach committee
- Education committee
- Travel and meeting funding
- John Jungck Educators' Travel Fund
If you are a student, your membership application should be completed online. An endorsement letter from an SMB member in good standing should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for new student members who would like to join for free. Student members do not have voting rights, but they are invited to participate in all other society activities and to help shape the future of mathematical biology both here and in the broad international community. Student members are eligible for travel awards to attend our annual meeting.
You can pay membership dues on-line using a credit card, paypal, or bank transfer.
New Members: Please select > Online application, and then follow the instructions to create your member profile and choose your username and password. These will be saved upon completion of your membership application.
Renewals: If you are renewing your SMB membership, you are in the database and can login using the > Member profile option. You will be able to renew your membership directly from your profile. If you have forgotten your password or log on for the first time, choose "Forgot password" from the > Member profile page and provide your email address. This will send you an automatically generated email with a link to login. If you did not provide an email, have changed email since, or can't remember what email address you used, you can either just opt to sign up as a new member or contact us (email@example.com) for other options.
Please let us know if you have any troubles by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.