The Society maintains a fund to support scientific meetings organized by its members. The Board of Directors provides grants of up to $2,000 to promote and facilitate the organization of and attendance at mathematical biology meetings and courses. Funds must be preferentially used to provide travel support for students, and early career researchers.
Requests for support will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- The significance of the workshop or meeting
- Practical character of the course
- Mathematical biology program organization
- Excellence and productivity of proposed speakers
- Number of students participating in program
- Balance between international and local speakers
- Matching funds
- Location and Facilities
- Explanation of how the Society’s support will be acknowledged
The application material must address the above point. It should include applicant(s) name(s), meeting city and country, meeting venue, dates of event, title of event, description of the event, list of proposed speaker names and institutions, estimated total number of attendees and student attendees, plans for advertising the event, and list of additional sponsors. Applications must be submitted at least six months before the meeting/course date. Applications are evaluated by the Board of Directors on a continuous basis. Submission for support must be made to the Society’s secretary.